Friday 24 May 2013

Review || Benefit Cabana Glama Kit

 The kit has super cute packaging that looks great on a dressing table.
 
Enclosed is a leaflet demonstrating looks for the products.


The Products...

'Some kind-a gorgeous' in medium.
 
The formula of this product is very creamy and applies with ease. However, the colour is much too dark for me and I tend to use it as a cream bronzer or bronzer base.
 
I love this product, especially on my cheeks as it adds a nice healthy glow. It's a shame that there's only 2.5ml of it though.
 
From left: Peach Fizz, Bronze Buzz and Cocoa Pizzazz. I've tried the applicator with this, and as I expected, it's awful. The eye shadows are not that special either. I find it really annoying how there is no divider between the colours and the staying power is not that great either. Overall, this part of the set was a bit of a let down.
 
Hoola bronzer is definitely my favourite and most used part of the kit. The pigmentation is great and it blends easily creating a lovely summer radiance for those among us who do not tan so easily.
 
 
So, overall thoughts?  As much as I want to say that I loved this kit ( I paid £28.50 for it) I can't. Honestly, I don't think it's worth it. I've had this kit for nearly six months and just don't get much use out of it. I feel as if I've bought some rather expensive samples. If I could go back in time I would definitely just buy the Hoola bronzer and not bother with the rest of it. As we speak, Benefit have this kit on sale for £19, nearly £10 less than what I paid for it. So if you were to give it a try, now would be the time. If the foundation matches your skin tone then I can see how the kit may be more justifiable. Would I recommend this to a friend? Unfortunately, no.
 
Have you tried Cabana Glama? Thoughts?
 
 


Au revoir mes amies
xxx

2 comments :

  1. Great post! I know what you mean about the sample size :( sooo disappointed!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I read and appreciate every single comment (more than chocolate) and try to always reply. I also love finding new blogs, so leave your link and i'll check out your blog! xx